The last month of school is here! And as the school year comes to an end, it seems like our days get busier and busier. With that in mind, I’ve put some easy meals in my May 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan. You’ll find plenty of easy pastas, sandwiches, and more. Here’s what you can expect:
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
I know that summer is nearing and school is coming to an end for the year, and I know what that means… Lot’s of running around to end-of-year school activities. For that reason, you’ll find plenty of easy pasta recipes in this month’s meal plan.
Spicy Cajun Pasta
To start May off, you’ll find my Instant Pot Spicy Cajun Pasta! Wow, this pasta is so delicious, plus it’s super easy to make! This dish is so creamy and has andouille sausage. Any dish with andouille sausage is a big plus in my book. And the spices in this recipe make this pasta burst with Cajun flavor.
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
My Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce is a traditional Italian dish that’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table fast. This is a quick and easy one-pot recipe that’s ready in less than 15 minutes. That makes it perfect for a busy school night.
Beef and Macaroni Casserole
My Instant Pot Beef & Macaroni Casserole is another pasta dish that is a super fast to make and is a favorite for the entire family. This one is super hearty, creamy, beefy, and never lasts long. Everyone devours their plates in a flash and then asks for more.
If you’re looking to add some Mexican flair to pasta night, then try my Instant Pot Taco Pasta. This quick and easy pasta dish explodes with so much delicious Tex-Mex flavor that it will leave your family asking for seconds. I have tons of other taco recipes that you can make in the Instant Pot, so check them out on the blog.
Easy Instant Pot Recipes
With school winding down and end-of-the-year activities in full swing, quick and easy recipes are a must. My Beef and Bowtie Pasta and Cheeseburger Mac recipes are two super quick and easy pasta dishes that everyone loves. And for something other than pasta, my Salsa Chicken and Hawaiian Sloppy Joes are perfect recipes for those chaotic last couple of weeks of school.
I love this Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe! It’s the simplest of simple recipes. I just throw some chicken breasts in the pot, add a jar of salsa and some chicken stock, close the pot and cook. Within minutes I have a delicious shredded chicken that can be used in a variety of dishes. I like to use this chicken to make chicken tacos, sandwiches, and salads.
Hawaiian Sloppy Joes
This Instant Pot Hawaiian Sloppy Joes recipe is a tasty island upgrade to the traditional sloppy joe. This is another super simple recipe that is ready in minutes. The pineapple, red and yellow peppers, and sweet onion make these sandwiches a big hit.
Instant Pot Main Dishes
For those special weekend days when you have a little more time, I’ve added some extra tasty, extra delightful meals like Lasagna, and French Dip. These two recipes are must-tries. They are both absolutely delicious!
This Instant Pot Lasagna recipe is so creamy and packed full of meaty goodness. Layers upon layers of the most flavorfully seasoned Italian ground beef, creamy cream cheese, and melty mozzarella make this Italian classic an absolute delight. Your entire family will rave about this pasta dish.
French Dip Sandwiches
Don’t get me started on the Instant Pot French Dip. These sandwiches are show stoppers. The moist and tender chuck roast is drenched in au jus and served over crusty bread and topped with melty cheese. These sandwiches are truly exceptional.
Instant Pot Side Dishes
And don’t forget to check out the Instant Pot sides. You’ll find my popular Macaroni and Cheese, and Lemon Butter Broccoli. These two delicious side dishes complement just about any main dish that you’d serve.
Mac & Cheese
This is the best Instant Pot Mac & Cheese recipe ever! This pasta dish is so rich and creamy and the special blend of four cheeses makes for a phenomenally flavorful Mac & Cheese. This is the perfect side dish for any weeknight dinner.
Lemon Butter Broccoli
Looking for something fresh? My Instant Pot Lemon Butter Broccoli recipe is such a wonderful way to give broccoli some bright yummy flavor. You’ll steam the broccoli in the pressure cooker and then toss it in the most wonderful lemon butter dressing. It’s an outstanding side dish.
There are also plenty of other side dishes to choose from, so make sure to check them out.
Instant Pot Dessert
No meal is complete without a delicious dessert to follow it up. So, I always provide plenty of wonderful Instant Pot dessert recipes in my meal plans. And this May meal plan is no exception. It is loaded with tons of great dessert options including my Coconut Bundt Cake, Arroz con Leche, and Turtle Lava Cakes. These desserts are all unbelievably delicious!
If you’re having a small get-together with friends or family, this Instant Pot Coconut Cake is perfect to serve as a treat. This cake is packed full of sweet coconut deliciousness and is perfect severed with a cup of tea.
Arroz con Leche
I grew up enjoying this amazingly sweet and creamy dessert. This Instant Pot Arroz con Leche is my pressure cooker version of Honduran rice pudding. I’ve noticed that when ordering rice pudding at a restaurant, they serve it cold. It’s never as good as this recipe, which is served warm. You must try this version.
Enjoy the last days of the school year!
Make sure you also check out my latest Instant Pot Meal Plan.
May 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
Below the list of recipes, you will find a link to the downloadable calendar and links to all my monthly Instant Pot meal plans.
These are the dishes for May.
- May 1from One Happy Housewife
Simple ingredients like pasta, sausage, and cheese seasoned with the perfect touch of Cajun spices make this a winning combination. This is a super easy weeknight dinner with a wonderful kick of cajun.
- May 2from One Happy Housewife
A light minced meat with a fresh citrusy taste. Perfect served on a corn tortilla or over a bed of rice.
- May 3from The Halfway Homesteaders
These wonderfully tender pork chops are smothered in a delicious gravy.
- May 4from One Happy Housewife
A hearty, comforting bowl of homemade chili packed full of amazing flavor.
- May 5from One Happy Housewife
Authentic flavor, incredibly juicy pork, and crispy edges. Traditional pork carnitas made in a fraction of the time.
- May 6from One Happy Housewife
You’ve got a hungry family and not much time? This Instant Pot version of a traditional Italian dish is perfect for those busy nights when you need to get a tasty dinner on the table fast. This spaghetti and meat sauce is an easy one-pot meal that can be made in less than 15 minutes. Your family will love this one!
- May 7from Paint the Kitchen Red
This quick and easy soup is so creamy and loaded with potatoes, corn, bacon, and shrimp. This one has a spicy kick to it too!
- May 8from One Happy Housewife
A very popular recipe that’s fast, easy, and so versatile. The perfect busy weeknight meal!
- May 9from The Halfway Homesteaders
These ribs are so sweet and clean the bone delicious. Plus, they’re so easy to make!
- May 10from One Happy Housewife
Pineapple, red and yellow peppers, and sweet onion give the traditional Sloppy Joe a Hawaiian twist.
- May 11from Spice Cravings
This zesty, creamy Tex-Mex delight is a powerhouse of flavors that can be enjoy all year round.
- May 12from One Happy Housewife
An unbelievably flavorful and juicy meat, covered in melted cheese and served on toasted, crispy, buttered bread.
- May 13from One Happy Housewife
This deliciously creamy beef and pasta casserole is the perfect hearty and filling comfort dish for those busy weeknights. It’s fast and easy to make, full of flavor, and guaranteed to satisfy those hungry bellies. This one is sure to become a favorite in your home.
- May 14from One Happy Housewife
Love Mexican food but tired of the same ‘ole, same ‘ole? Then try this easy and delicious pasta dish. It’s kid-approved and will be ready in no time. It’s the perfect hearty meal for a busy weeknight.
- May 15from Piping Pot Curry
This restaurant quality Tikka Masala will make you forget about take-out. Wonderfully tender chicken cooked in a creamy and flavorful chicken curry.
- May 16from Spice Cravings
This dump-and-start recipe makes a wonderfully hearty soup that is so rich and flavorful.
- May 17from Spice Cravings
The sweet and creamy coconut milk, wonderfully aromatic spices, and flaky fish come together to create this delightful Indian dish.
- May 18from Recipes from a Pantry
Have a moist and flavorful rotisserie style chicken in less than 45 minutes with this simple recipe.
- May 19from Simply Happy Foodie
Mississippi Pot Roast is great to try when you want a twist on a roast!
- May 20from Simply Happy Foodie
Bursting with Italian flavor, this creamy rich pasta is sure to be a favorite.
- May 21from Monday is Meatloaf
This easy weeknight meal will give you the most tender and succulent beef tips loaded with layers of flavor in a savory mushroom gravy.
- May 22from Monday is Meatloaf
This quick and easy recipe is sure to satisfy any seafood lover.
- May 23from One Happy Housewife
Looking for a hearty dish that can feed an entire family? Try this rich, creamy, and flavorful lasagna. It’s easy to prep and you’ll have it on the table in no time. Everyone will be asking for seconds.
- May 24from This Old Gal
This quick and easy shredded buffalo chicken can be enjoyed on a salad, a wrap, or a sandwich.
- May 25from One Happy Housewife
Made with only 4 ingredients, this fall apart delicious pulled pork is so tasty and versatile.
- May 26from Paint the Kitchen Red
A New Orleans staple, this Instant Pot version of jambalaya is loaded with andouille sausage, chicken, and shrimp. So tasty!
- May 27from One Happy Housewife
A fast and simple pasta dinner that even the most picky of eaters will devour. This one is sure to become one of your go-to recipes for those hectic weeknights.
- May 28from Ministry of Curry
This quick and easy Instant Pot meal is packed with Mexican flavor.
- May 29from One Happy Housewife
A super hearty and flavorful, from-scratch pasta casserole that’s sure to be a hit with the kids. This one is so delicious, it’s like having your favorite burger in a bowl. A great meal for busy weeknights.
- May 30from One Happy Housewife
Tender, tasty chicken, sweet veggies, and dumplings. This is the epitome of comfort food.
- May 31from Cooking with Karli
This dump-and-start pasta recipe will become your next go-to meal for busy weeknights. It’s saucy, cheesy and delicious. Plus, it’s ready in just 20 minutes!
- from The Halfway Homesteaders
Pasta with a Mexican flare – this street corn pasta is so fresh and flavorful.
- from One Happy Housewife
An incredibly delicious and healthy side dish that can be served fast using the help of the Instant Pot.
- from Paint the Kitchen Red
A healthier version of Chinese fried rice with all the flavor.
- from Piping Pot Curry
The fresh flavors of cilantro and lime make this the perfect healthy side dish for any meal.
- from One Happy Housewife
The absolute BEST Instant Pot Mac and Cheese! A blend of four cheeses make it the creamiest and cheesiest. There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of this favorite pasta dish.
- from One Happy Housewife
One of my favorite desserts growing up! A heavenly dark caramel blankets this rich, creamy, and silky smooth flan. You’ll want to make this one all the time!
- from One Happy Housewife
Topped with a heavenly creamy coconut glaze, this moist and delicious cake is loaded with coconut goodness and is the perfect sweet treat to share with friends and family.
- from Living Sweet Moments
This moist, creamy, and decadent cheesecake is a pure slice of heaven.
- from One Happy Housewife
These deliciously decadent mini cakes are overflowing with a molten chocolate center, caramel and pecans. They are an indulgence like no other!
- from One Happy Housewife
This traditional Hispanic dessert is so creamy, rich and delicious. Simple ingredients and so quick and easy to make.
Download the May 2019 Meal Plan Calendar.
For more Instant Pot Meal Plan ideas for the month of May, check out my archive of May Instant Pot Meal Plans.
Past Instant Pot Meal Plans
Each month I publish a new, updated Instant Pot Meal Plan. So don’t miss out on seeing what wonderful dishes I’ve included in my latest one.
LOOKING FOR A PAST MEAL PLAN?
You can also access all of my previously published Instant Pot Meal Plans through the links below. I handpick the recipes that appear each month, so you will find that each month is unique with its own set of recipes geared specifically toward that month. Plus, on each meal plan page, you can download the printable calendar for that month.
2023 Meal Plans
- May 2023 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2023 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2023 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2023 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- January 2023 Instant Pot Meal Plan
2022 Meal Plans
- December 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- November 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- October 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- September 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- August 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- July 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- June 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- May 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- January 2022 Instant Pot Meal Plan
2021 Meal Plans
- December 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- November 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- October 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- September 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- August 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- July 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- June 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- May 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- January 2021 Instant Pot Meal Plan
2020 Meal Plans
- December 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- November 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- October 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- September 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- August 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- July 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- June 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- May 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- January 2020 Instant Pot Meal Plan
2019 Meal Plans
- December 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- November 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- October 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- September 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- August 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- July 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- June 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- May 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- January 2019 Instant Pot Meal Plan
2018 Meal Plans
- December 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- November 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- October 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- September 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- August 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- July 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- June 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- May 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- April 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- March 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan
- February 2018 Instant Pot Meal Plan