These chicken tacos are sure to be a hit in anyone’s home! You can cook the chicken from frozen in your Instant Pot, and you’ll have a delicious meal in no time, with minimal ingredients.
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this amazing Instant Pot Chicken Taco recipe for later!
I put together a video showing how I made this delicious recipe:
You can play around with your toppings, depending on what your family likes. In our home, we love to top our tacos with fresh avocado, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some hot sauce!
Frozen chicken breasts, salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper is all you need for this recipe. And an Instant Pot, of course! It’s a quick and tasty recipe, perfect for those nights when you’re wondering what to feed your family because you forgot to thaw your chicken!
The chicken smells so good when you remove the lid. Yum!
The chicken breasts come out so tender and juicy and are very easy to shred.
Once you’ve shredded the chicken, it’s time to serve it up on a few tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Chicken breasts, salsa and pico.
- Place chicken breasts, seasoning, and salsa in the Instant Pot.
- For frozen chicken set the Instant Pot to cook for 15 minutes at Manual/High Pressure (no additional water needed).
- Once cooking has completed, do a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR). Make sure to release any remaining pressure before opening the pot.
- Ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and at a safe internal temperature before serving.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and place in a bowl and shred.
- Your chicken is ready to serve on a warm tortilla.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
Here are a few ideas for serving your Instant Pot Chicken Tacos.