I could possibly eat it every day.
I have and use so many recipes that call for shredded chicken breast. I’ll be honest, I usually buy the packaged shredded chicken at the supermarket because it’s so much easier. Ever since I got an Instant Pot though, I’ve been making it in there and it really is easy and a whole lot cheaper!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this amazing Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe for later!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Before we get started, here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Appliances & Cookware
For this recipe, I used my 8 quart Instant Pot.
Tools & Utensils
This is a simple recipe and doesn’t require many tools or utensils. These are the items I used to make this recipe:
- To avoid burning the chicken, make sure and use the trivet or a cooking rack.
- I use this small measuring cup constantly. It’s a one cup measuring cup which makes it very convenient for measuring small amounts of liquid. So, if you’re measuring a cup or less, this one is so much easier to handle than the larger 2 or 4 cup measuring cups.
- I used my favorite cutting board for shredding the chicken. I like it because it’s thick and sturdy and looks beautiful as well.
- These metal tongs are a must for any kitchen. They’re especially great for handling raw meats like chicken (which I hate touching with my hands ?). I’ve tried various plastic and silicone tongs but nothing beats a good pair of metal tongs.
Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
Don’t forget to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. It’s a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with the Instant Pot.
Must-Have Instant Pot Cookbooks
I have also put together a list of Must-Have Cookbooks for the Instant Pot.
All you need is chicken breasts, chicken broth and an Instant Pot of course!
Set the Instant Pot to ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’, High Pressure for 10 minutes. After cooking has completed, perform a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR). Release any remaining pressure after 5 minutes have passed. Once all the pressure has been released and the pin has dropped you can open the pot.
You’ll have perfectly cooked, juicy chicken breasts. They come out perfect every time, and I can quickly make any of my family’s favorite recipes that call for shredded chicken.
If you need ideas for what to make with shredded chicken, I’ve got those too! Check out one of my family’s favorite dips and my chicken tacos recipe. Also, I just put up a recipe for our version of Chicken à la King.
Really, the possibilities are endless!
Chicken nachos, chicken enchiladas, chicken salad sandwiches, and on and on!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts cooked in broth and shredded.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 chicken breasts
- Stack the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot on top of the trivet.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth over the chicken breasts.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 10 minutes on Manual / Pressure Cook at High Pressure.
- Once cooking has completed do a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR). Release any remaining pressure once the 5 minutes have passed.
- Ensure that the chicken is at a safe internal temperature before serving.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and place in a bowl and shred.
- Your chicken is ready to use in any recipe!
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.