This Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli recipe is the perfect quick and easy side dish for any meal. I adapted my original Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe which is one of the most popular recipes on the site. Who knew broccoli would be so popular!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
My family loves broccoli and we eat it often. I usually bake or saute it but wanted to try air frying it to save some time and effort. I was pleasantly surprised by the results! It’s super flavorful and has just the right amount of bite to it. In this post, I’ll tell you exactly what you need to make this delicious air fryer roasted broccoli, as well as answer any questions I think you may have about the process.
Table of Contents
Tips for Perfect Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Trim the Broccoli Florets If Necessary: I recommend you trim the stems of the florets if they are too long, and make sure all the florets are approximately the same size.
- Toss the Broccoli Well: Make sure you toss the broccoli with all the seasonings and the oil really well before adding the broccoli to the air fryer basket. You can do this in a large bowl and use a pair of tongs to toss it. This will ensure all the broccoli gets seasoned and not just a few pieces.
- Shake the Basket Halfway: Halfway through cooking, take the basket out and give it a good shake. This will produce evenly cooked broccoli.
Ingredients for Roasted Broccoli
This recipe is pretty straightforward and requires only a few ingredients. Here is everything you’ll need.
- Broccoli Florets: I like to buy organic, pre-cut broccoli florets. This makes things really easy. Just make sure if there are any giant ones to cut them down so all pieces are approximately the same size.
- Seasonings: You will need salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Lemon Juice: You’ll need some lemon juice for this recipe. I use freshly squeezed juice.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Finally, you will need some extra virgin olive oil. Tossing the broccoli in the oil means there’s no need to add oil to your air fryer basket. I recommend you get a high-quality extra virgin olive oil to keep on hand. One of our favorites is Kirkland’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Air fryers cook fast and are super easy to use. That makes them the perfect appliance for busy families who don’t have a lot of time to cook. If you’ve never cooked with an air fryer before, don’t worry – I’m going to show you exactly how to roast broccoli using your air fryer. So, let’s get started!
Start gathering the ingredients. Here’s exactly what you’ll need:
- Broccoli Florets: one 9-12 ounce bag, pre-washed, pre-cut florets
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 3 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Kosher Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper: ⅛ teaspoon
Add the broccoli to a medium-sized mixing bowl, and sprinkle the olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over the florets. Toss the broccoli in the seasonings until it is evenly coated.
Transfer the seasoned broccoli to the air fryer basket and spread the florets out into a single layer.
Close the air fryer and set it to cook at 400° F for 8 to 10 minutes depending on how crispy you like the edges of your broccoli.
Halfway through cooking, remove the basket from the air fryer and give it a shake to toss the florets around. Place the basket back into the air fryer and continue cooking for the remaining time.
Now that you have followed my guide on how to make roasted broccoli in the air fryer, it’s time to enjoy this delicious and healthy side dish! This roasted broccoli has crispy edges and is tender on the inside. It pairs perfectly with your favorite protein or main course. So, grab a plate and enjoy!
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Common Questions About Making Roasted Broccoli
Here are a few questions you may have about this air fryer roasted broccoli recipe. If you have questions I haven’t listed below, please leave them in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
what can I top roasted broccoli with?
You can top your air fryer roasted broccoli with so many things! My first recommendation would be some freshly grated parmesan cheese. If you’d like a little extra crunch with your broccoli, try adding some chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts, or pistachios. You can even add sunflower seeds to it and it would be great.
can I use another oil?
I love the flavor of a good extra virgin olive oil. It is perfect for this recipe. If you are not a fan of olive oil, I recommend avocado oil. It’s very neutral in flavor and it’s great for you.
can I leave out the red pepper flakes?
I feel the red pepper flakes add a nice flavor to this roasted broccoli. I wouldn’t say they make it a spicy dish since so little is used. That being said, you can leave them out if you wish.
What can I eat with roasted broccoli?
Broccoli is a perfect side dish for almost anything! It’s delicious and healthy and pairs so well with beef, chicken, and seafood. Grilled chicken with broccoli would be delicious, as well as a juicy steak with roasted broccoli on the side. Salmon and broccoli are perfect together as well, and it’s such a healthy and delicious combination. There are endless options for what to eat roasted broccoli with. I’ve added some of my recipes below that I think would be great with this air fryer roasted broccoli.
Buy organic, pre-cut broccoli florets to save time!
IT’S YOUR TURN TO MAKE THIS Air Fryer Roasted broccoli!
Did you make this delicious roasted broccoli recipe yet? I think this is the best Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli recipe out there, and I know you will absolutely love it! Let me know in the comments section below when you make this recipe and how much you enjoyed it.
5-Star Rating: If you loved your roasted broccoli, I’d appreciate it if you could give this recipe a 5-star rating to show how much you loved it.
MORE easy air fryer RECIPES
Looking for more Air Fryer recipes? Here are some that I know you’ll love:
Need a main dish for your roasted broccoli? If you’re looking for a perfect complement for this recipe, then try one of the following:
- Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked Mexican Chicken Breast
- Spicy Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Trader Joe’s Chili Onion Crunch
For a full list of all the broccoli recipes on this blog, check out all my Easy Broccoli Recipes.
Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
perfectly roasted broccoli seasoned with herbs, spices, red pepper flakes, and olive oil
- Toss Broccoli With Seasonings: In a mixing bowl, toss the broccoli in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Make sure all the broccoli is well coated.
- Add To Air Fryer: Spread the broccoli out into a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook Broccoli: Set Air Fryer to cook at 400° F for 8-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want the broccoli.
- Toss Halfway Through Cooking: Halfway through cooking, take the basket out and give it a shake. Continue air frying for the remaining time.
- Serve and enjoy!