If you need a quick side for lunch or dinner, then these Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries are your answer. Ready in no time and always crispy and delicious, these fries are perfect for busy weeknights. Pair them with air fryer chicken nuggets, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and more to make a quick and delicious meal for your family!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
In this post, I will share some quick tips you can follow to ensure you always get perfectly crispy and delicious fries. I will walk you step by step on how to make frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer. I will also answer some common questions you may have as well as give you all my delicious suggestions on what to eat the fries with. Hint: you’ll need a delicious sauce to dip them in!
Table of Contents
Tips For Perfect Frozen Sweet potato Fries in Air Fryer
- Use Avocado Oil: Instead of using a non-stick spray, get yourself an avocado oil in spray form. I love Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Spray because the only ingredient is avocado oil. Not only is it not recommended to use a non-stick spray in your air fryer, but avocado oil is a much better choice anyway!
- Don’t Stack the Fries: To achieve perfectly crispy fries every time, place the frozen sweet potato fries in a single layer inside the air fryer basket. You can make 2 batches of fries if need be.
- Shake the Basket Midway: Halfway through cooking, you’ll want to take the basket out and give it a little shake. This will ensure even air frying for all the fries.
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Fries
This method for making frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer is super quick and easy and only requires two ingredients. Here’s a rundown of exactly what you’ll need.
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: I like Alexia fries because they are non-GMO. There are tons of brands out there you can use, but check the label to make sure they’re not adding a bunch of unnecessary ingredients.
- Avocado Spray Oil: As I mentioned above, you can use avocado in spray form for this recipe. Avocado oil is neutral in flavor, so your fries will taste delicious! There are a few brands to choose from, but I recommend one where the only ingredient is avocado oil.
It’s so quick and easy to make delicious sweet potato fries using the air fryer. I’ll show you step-by-step what you’ll need to do to get perfectly crispy sweet potato fries every time. In just minutes, you’ll have a tasty and healthy side dish for your next meal. Let’s get started!
Start gathering the ingredients. Here’s exactly what you’ll need:
- Avocado Spray Oil: a light spray
- Frozen Sweet Potato Fries: 1 bag
Lightly spray the bottom of your air fryer basket with the avocado oil.
Add a single layer of the sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket. Make sure not to overcrowd the basket, leaving some space between the fries. This allows the warm air from the air fryer to easily circulate around the fries resulting in a perfectly crispy exterior.
Close the air fryer and set it to cook at 400° for 12 minutes.
Toss The Fries
Halfway through cooking (at 6 minutes) pull the basket out of the air fryer and give it a shake to flip the fries.
Check The Crispiness
Once the 12-minute cook time has completed, check whether the fries are crispy enough. If the fries are not yet crispy, cook them for an additional 2 minutes or until they reach your desired crispiness. After you have finished cooking, remove the fries from the air fryer basket.
Repeat this process for additional batches of fries. One 20 ounce bag of sweet potato fries will make 2 batches of fries.
Now that you’ve made frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer, it’s time to enjoy them! For maximum crispiness, enjoy these fries as soon as they come out of the air fryer. Serve with ketchup, dipping sauces, or your favorite seasonings. Enjoy!
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Common Questions About Making Frozen sweet Potato Fries in the air Fryer
What’s the benefit of air frying sweet potato fries?
Using an air fryer to cook frozen sweet potato fries is such a great option. The air fryer circulates air inside to crisp things and provides basically the same results as deep-frying without a lot of oil. Your fries will be so crispy and delicious, and it takes very little time to cook them. Keep in mind that all air fryers are different and you may need to keep an eye on the cooking time the first time, to make sure you don’t overcook the fries.
can I make frozen sweet potato fries in the oven?
You can certainly make frozen sweet potato fries in your oven. Simply follow the instructions on the back of the bag.
how can I store and reheat leftover fries?
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an air-tight container in your fridge. You can reheat them in the air fryer. All it takes is 2 to 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can reheat them in a toaster oven. I do not recommend reheating them in a microwave as they will become soggy.
IT’S YOUR TURN TO MAKE frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer!
Did you make these sweet potato fries yet? I know you will absolutely love them! Let me know in the comments section below when you make this recipe and how much you enjoyed it.
5-Star Rating: If you loved these Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries, I’d appreciate it if you could give this recipe a 5-star rating to show how much you loved it.
MORE air fryer RECIPES
Looking for more easy Air Fryer recipes? Here are some that I know you’ll love:
Need a main dish for your sweet potato fries? If you’re looking for a perfect complement for this recipe, then try one of the following:
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Lightly spray Air Fryer basket with avocado oil.
- Add frozen sweet potato fries to basket in one layer, leaving some space between fries.
- Set Air Fryer to cook at 400° for 12 minutes, shaking basket halfway through cook time.
- Repeat for additional batches of fries.