This Oven Roasted Broccoli recipe is easy, quick, and incredibly flavorful. It’s a perfect side dish for any meal, and it’s a vegetable your family will eat and enjoy! It’s a staple in our home on busy weeknights.
I recently adapted this recipe for the air fryer. So if you’re looking for an even quicker side dish try my Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli
With only a few simple ingredients and a little bit of prep, you will have a delicious and nutritious side dish for any meal. For this recipe, I prefer to use pre-washed, pre-cut broccoli florets. This keeps me from having to wash and dry the broccoli before starting. If you do use a broccoli head, make sure to dry it thoroughly so you don’t end up with mushy broccoli.
Other than the broccoli, you’ll need olive oil, minced garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, and a bit of lemon juice. For roasting the broccoli, I use a sheet pan or rimmed baking sheet. I’m telling you, this oven-roasted broccoli is so good, it usually gets attacked by the kids as soon as it comes out of the oven! That’s why we usually make two sheet pans at our house!
What Can I Serve Oven Roasted Broccoli With?
Oven Roasted Broccoli is a nutritious side dish your family will love! It pairs well with so many meals. It’s a perfect side dish for chicken, beef, fish, and pasta. In my home, we love serving it with my Simple Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs for a quick weeknight meal. If you prefer chicken breasts, then my Oven Baked Mexican Chicken is perfect with this broccoli and some Instant Pot Spanish Rice!
If you’d like to pair this roasted broccoli with pasta, I have many delicious ideas in this post with easy Instant Pot Pasta Recipes. Whatever you choose to serve it with, I’m certain it’ll be a hit!
How to Roast Broccoli in the Oven
Like I mentioned above, if you’re using a head of broccoli, you will need to wash and thoroughly dry the broccoli florets after cutting them. Lay the clean and dry broccoli florets on a baking sheet in a single layer.
In a small bowl, mix half of the olive oil with the minced garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt, and then set the bowl aside. Take the other half of the olive oil and drizzle it over the layer of broccoli. Toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated. This will also grease the sheet pan for you. I always love getting two things done at once.
Now, spread the florets into a single layer once again. They’re ready for the oven!
We’re going to wait to add the seasonings. The garlic is especially delicate and we don’t want it to burn to a crisp before the broccoli is finished roasting.
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Here is a list of the products featured in this post or products similar to those featured in this post:
Now it’s time to roast the broccoli. Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of your oven and roast for 10 minutes. Set your timer to make sure you don’t forget. I know I’ve made this mistake more than once.
After the broccoli has been in the oven for 10 minutes, slip on some oven mitts and remove the pan from the oven. The pan is very hot, so set it on a trivet or other heat-resistant surface (I always set it on my stovetop). Drizzle the seasoned olive oil over the florets and toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated. I always use tongs for this, they really make this task easy, but a spatula will work also. Now, return the pan of broccoli to the oven and roast it for another 8 minutes.
Once the broccoli is finished cooking, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle it with lemon juice. Toss the broccoli one last time. Now it’s time to serve and enjoy some delicious oven-roasted broccoli!
I hope you try this easy recipe for Oven Roasted Broccoli. I know you’ll love it! Let me know in the comments what you serve it with.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
ROASTED BROCCOLI FLORETS SEASONED WITH GARLIC, RED PEPPER FLAKES, AND A SPLASH OF LEMON
- 1 ½ lb broccoli florets rinsed and thoroughly dried, I prefer buying pre-washed
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ tsp kosher salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- If using heads of broccoli, wash, dry thoroughly and then cut into 1 1/2-inch florets. It’s important that the broccoli is thoroughly dried. So, make sure to shake all the water out and pat dry with a paper towel. I prefer to use pre-washed, pre-cut florets to avoid having to wash and dry the broccoli.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Set aside.
- Spread the broccoli out into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated with the oil. Spread out again into a single layer.
- Roast on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, drizzle with the seasoned olive oil. Using a spatula or pair of tongs, toss until evenly coated. Return to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle with the lemon juice, and toss once more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make a full sheet pan. This recipe makes about half a sheet pan worth of roasted broccoli. To make a full sheet pan of broccoli, just double the recipe.
22 thoughts on “Oven Roasted Broccoli (Best Ever!)”
Absolutely delicious! My friend, who did not like broccoli, was eating this right out of the sheet pan. Thank you for an easy perfect recipe!
That’s so awesome to hear! We usually start eating it straight from the pan as well! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!