These Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are sure to be a hit in anyone’s home! You can cook the chicken from frozen in your Instant Pot, and you’ll have a delicious meal in no time, with minimal ingredients. These tacos are perfect for busy weeknights and require hardly any effort!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Topping Ideas for Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
You can play around with your toppings, depending on what your family likes. In our home, we love to top our tacos with fresh avocado, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and some hot sauce! The nice thing is everyone can pick their own toppings so there’s no arguing about dinner choices.
These Instant Pot Chicken tacos stand on their own, but we like to add a few sides to go with them. My easy Homemade Guacamole is always a given on taco night. Another perfect side is Instant Pot Salsa Rice. It’s crazy easy and the kids love it! When we have extra time, we also make some fresh Pico de Gallo. So delicious!
Ingredients for Chicken Tacos
Frozen chicken breasts, salsa, chili powder, salt, and pepper is all you need for this recipe. And an Instant Pot, of course! It’s a quick and tasty recipe, perfect for those nights when you’re wondering what to feed your family because you forgot to thaw your chicken!
I do have a recipe for thawed chicken breasts and it’s amazing as well. My Instant Pot Salsa Chicken uses thawed breasts and a few more spices. It’s also incredibly easy and delicious!
Whichever recipe you choose, you’ll love how the chicken smells when you remove the lid. Yum!
The chicken breasts come out so tender and juicy and are very easy to shred. You can shred the breasts the old-fashioned way with a couple of forks, or you can make things easier and use your hand mixer. It works like a charm!
Once you’ve shredded the chicken, it’s time to serve it up on a few tortillas with your favorite toppings and sides. I know you’ll love these Instant Pot Chicken Tacos as much as we do. Let me know in the comments when you try them!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
TENDER SHREDDED CHICKEN BREASTS, SALSA, AND PICO DE GALLO
- Place chicken breasts, seasoning, and salsa in the Instant Pot.
- For frozen chicken set the Instant Pot to cook for 15 minutes at Manual/High Pressure (no additional water needed).
- Once cooking has completed, do a 5-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR). Make sure to release any remaining pressure before opening the pot.
- Ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and at a safe internal temperature before serving.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and place in a bowl and shred.
- Your chicken is ready to serve on a warm tortilla.