This Instant Pot Cajun Pasta was born on one of those nights where we needed dinner fast, and I had to use what we had on hand. A quick Instant Pot pasta dish always comes to the rescue, and this one turned out so delicious I just had to share!
What Ingredients Will I Need for Spicy Cajun Pasta?
The first time I made Instant Pot Cajun Pasta I used venison sausage because it’s what I had on hand. It was delicious, but I really wanted to make it strictly Cajun for the recipe I’d share on the blog. So, in order to perfect it, I now make it with Andouille Sausage. It’s not necessary to use Andouille, but it gives it the perfect touch.
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Instant Pot Cajun Pasta for later.
Of course, you’ll need some Cajun seasoning. I love Tony Chachere’s, it’s perfect in this dish. Other than that, some cheddar cheese, a couple cans of Ro-tel, pasta and you’re set!
Avoiding a Mess When Cooking Pasta in the Instant Pot
You may have heard, or it may have even happened to you, that when you cook pasta in the Instant Pot, sometimes the release can be messy! I have a solution for this, and you can read all about it here.
The trick really works, and I always use it when making plain pasta. The first time I made this pasta dish though, I didn’t do it, and I had a bit of a mess when releasing. Rigatoni seems to be especially messy when doing a pressure release. So I decided to use the trick the next time I made this recipe, and it made a huge difference.
An Instant Pot Pasta Dinner Perfect for Busy Nights
This Instant Pot Cajun Pasta is the perfect recipe for those nights when you’re running kids around, and you need dinner on the table fast. On nights like those, which often happen around here, pasta is my go to. The kids love it and making it in the Instant Pot is so easy and fast. If your kids love pasta, then you’ll also want to try my Instant Pot Cheeseburger Mac and my Instant Pot Taco Pasta.
This Cajun Pasta does have some spice to it, so make sure to take that into consideration. My family is a fan of spicy food, so it’s perfect for us. My Instant Pot Cajun Pasta is not killer spicy, but it definitely has a nice kick.
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
This recipe uses only a few simple ingredients that are just dumped into the pot. You’ll need very few utensils and cleanup will be a breeze.
- You will need a large measuring cup for measuring the water and a set of measuring spoons for the Cajun seasoning.
- I make sure to purchase two 2-cup bags of shredded cheese to make things easy for this recipe. But, if you are buying a large bag or shredding your own cheese, then you’ll need a measuring cup. I love saving space where I can, and a good set of stackable measuring cups really does help save valuable space in a crowded kitchen drawer.
- When mixing the evaporated milk and cheese into the pasta, you’ll want to use a wooden or silicone spoon. I love my silicone spoon because it’s just so pretty.
Appliances & Cookware
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
We love this Instant Pot recipe, and I know that you will too! I’d like to hear in the comments when you try it.
Instant Pot Spicy Cajun Pasta
Rigatoni pasta and andouille sausage in a creamy cajun cheese sauce
- Add the 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot and then add the rigatoni pasta.
- Add the andouille sausage, Ro-tel, butter, and cajun seasoning to the pot. No need to mix anything.
- Close the pot, move the pressure release to "Sealing" and set the Instant Pot to cook on "Manual" or "Pressure Cook" for 7 minutes and allow for a 2-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR). You can use my Flip the Trivet trick for this recipe to avoid a mess when performing the pressure release.
- Once the 2-minute NPR has completed, and the pin has dropped, open the pot and mix the pasta and other ingredients in the pot thoroughly. Then add the evaporated milk and cheddar cheese to the pot and stir until the cheese has fully melted into the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy this tasty pasta dish.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.