If you’re looking for a quick and delicious Instant Pot dinner idea, this Easy Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta is it!
A Simple Dinner Solution
I know how it goes with most of us: dinnertime creeps up and we have no clue what to make!
This super easy pasta dish is one of my go-to meals whenever I’m running short on time and the kids are starving! They’re always starving, aren’t they?
A Great Option – Even For Picky Eaters
My kids get so excited when I tell them I’m making Cheesy Beef Pasta. To them, it’s as gourmet as it comes! In reality, it’s so easy to make thanks to the Instant Pot!
I like to keep things easy in the kitchen and this delicious pasta is no exception. My older kids help me make it since there’s really no prep involved. There’s no chopping required and all you need is some basic ingredients you probably already have on hand.
You will have dinner ready on time and your family will love it!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Easy Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta recipe for later!
Pasta alla Vodka – The Easy Way
I like to use Vodka Pasta Sauce for this recipe. I think it’s perfect when combined with the cheeses. My kids especially like Vodka Sauce on their pasta. If you haven’t tried it yet, I highly recommend it.
I hope you make this Easy Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta. I know you and your family will love it!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items you’ll need to prep and make this recipe:
- This is a very simple recipe and you won’t need much. All you’ll need are some measuring spoons, measuring cups, a large liquid measuring cup, and a silicone spoon for cooking the ground beef and mixing the ingredients together.
- While not necessary, a few mini pinch bowls are always handy.
Appliances & Cookware
Serving Platters & Dishes
Now it’s your turn to give this Easy Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta recipe a try!
In the recipe card, I have included some tips and tricks to help you make this delicious bowtie pasta recipe your own.
Instant Pot Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta
Ground beef and bowtie pasta in a cheesy vodka sauce.
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 lb ground beef I use 90/10 ground sirloin
- 1 jar vodka sauce 24 oz
- 3 cups unsalted beef stock
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- Set the Instant Pot to 'Sauté' and allow it to heat up for a few minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pot and sauté until fully cooked.
- Add the minced onion, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the ground beef and mix well.
- Add the beef stock and stir well and then cancel the 'Sauté' mode.
- Add the pasta to the pot and only push it down into the liquid but do not mix it in.
- Add the jar of Vodka sauce on top. Just layer it on top without mixing it in.
- Close the Instant Pot and set it to 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook' High Pressure for 5 minutes. Once cooking has finished, allow for a 2 minute NPR (natural pressure release). Release the remaining pressure after the two minutes have completed. Once all pressure has been released, open the pot.
- Add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and mix well with the pasta.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
This is a list of the kitchen tools, utensils and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make this Instant Pot Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta recipe your own.
Add fresh, chopped onions. If you’re not in a hurry, add some chopped onions instead of minced.
Use your favorite pasta sauce. I highly recommend using Vodka sauce for this but feel free to use your favorite sauce instead.
Add your favorite cheeses. If you don’t have mozzarella on hand, use what you have. I’ve made it with Mexican blend and Cheddar when I was in a pinch. I prefer the Mozzarella and Parmesan combo but the kids ate it just the same!
Make it Mexican. To give it a Mexican twist, use a Mexican/taco blend shredded cheese and add some taco seasoning instead of Italian seasoning.
Here are a few ideas for serving your Instant Pot Cheesy Beef and Bowtie Pasta.
Make it Cheesier. We like to top each serving with extra shredded parmesan cheese.
Serve it with some greens. A salad would make a perfect side to this pasta.
Add some crusty bread. Nothing better than a side of crusty, buttered bread with your pasta.