This delicious Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe is so easy and it turns out incredibly creamy and flavorful. You’ll love how fast you’ll have a meal on the table that your family will enjoy. Once you try my Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo it’s certain to become part of your meal rotation.
Making Pasta in the Instant Pot
I absolutely love making pasta in my pressure cookers! Not only is it super easy and no-fail, but it’s extremely fast and the clean up is a breeze. No need to use a strainer! I even came up with a trick for avoiding messy pasta for those times when you’re cooking plain pasta in your Instant Pot.
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Instant Pot recipe for later.
If you’re ever making plain pasta for things such as mac and cheese, make sure you read my trick. It’s a game-changer for sure. If you don’t have a trivet to use my trick, then you can always do a slow and controlled release when cooking pasta. You let out the steam in short bursts to avoid a mess.
What Can I Serve With Chicken Alfredo?
A delicious and creamy plate of Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo can always be served with a side of buttered crusty bread. If you want to try some amazing homemade garlic bread, check out mine. A side salad would also be perfect with this alfredo pasta.
If you want to incorporate some veggies, you can try my Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Alfredo or you can add a side of Oven-Roasted Broccoli or Instant Pot Lemon Butter Broccoli. Any other veggie would also pair well with this Chicken Alfredo.
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
This is what you’ll need to make this classic pasta dish in your pressure cooker:
- food prep bowls and pinch bowls
- a whisk
- measuring spoons, measuring cups for dry ingredients, and a liquid measuring cup
- a box grater
- a chef’s knife and cutting board
- a silicone or wooden spoon
Appliances & Cookware
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
How to Make Chicken Alfredo in an Instant Pot
It’s easy to make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo! There’s an optional step of brining the chicken if you have the time, but it’s not absolutely necessary. If you want to do this step, see the recipe card below for instructions. To get started you need to trim your chicken breasts and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Turn on the “Sauté” feature and adjust the heat level to “More”. Once the pot reads “Hot”, add part of the butter and oil and let it melt and heat up. Now, add the chicken pieces and toss them around to coat them in the butter. Spread them out and sauté them, tossing occasionally for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked white on all sides.
Then add the garlic powder, salt and the rest of the butter to the pot and stir it until the chicken is completely coated. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan as you stir. You can now cancel the Sauté function.
Break the linguine in half and spread it over the chicken evenly. Next, pour the chicken stock into the pot over the chicken and pasta. Close the Instant Pot and set it to “Sealing”. Cook the chicken and pasta on high pressure “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” for 9 minutes. While the pasta cooks you can prepare the easy Alfredo sauce.
To prepare the Alfredo sauce, whisk the flour into half a cup of the heavy creamy. Then add the Better than Bouillon and white pepper to the flour and cream mixture and mix them in. Add the rest of the heavy cream and whisk until smooth and creamy.
When the 9 minutes of cooking time is up, allow for a 2-minute Natural Pressure Release. You can then release the rest of the pressure manually. When the pin drops, you can open your pot. Mix the chicken and pasta together and then add the sauce, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese and stir it all together until all the cheeses have melted.
Now it’s time to serve and enjoy a warm and delicious bowl of this comforting pasta dish!
I hope you try my easy recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo. Let me know in the comments if you do! If you want more easy and delicious pasta recipes, check out my post where I’ve gathered all my Instant Pot Pasta Recipes. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Linguine Pasta and Tender Chicken Tossed in a Homemade Alfredo Sauce
for the Chicken for the Pasta for the Alfredo Sauce Base
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream room temperature, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon roasted garlic or roasted chicken flavor
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper or to taste
prepare the Chicken & Pasta
- Brine Chicken Breasts (Optional): For best results, make a brine by filling a large bowl with one quart of warm water and adding a ¼ cup of kosher salt to the water then mixing until the salt is fully dissolved. Place the chicken breasts in the brine and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Prepare Chicken Breasts: Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Trim any fat, and cut the breasts into small thin strips no longer than 1" and no wider than 1/2".
- Sauté Chicken: Turn on 'Sauté' and adjust the heat level to 'More'. Allow the pot to heat up until the display reads 'Hot'. Add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter to the pot and allow the butter to melt and heat up. Add the strips of chicken breast to the pot and toss until thoroughly coated in the butter. Spread in an even layer across the bottom and sauté, tossing occasionally, until cooked white on all sides. About 10 minutes.
- Season Chicken: Add the garlic powder and salt to the pot and toss the chicken to fully coat. Sauté for another 30 seconds, tossing as the chicken sautés in the seasonings. Add the remaining butter and allow it to melt, tossing the chicken so that it is fully coated in the melted butter. Cancel Sauté and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add Pasta and Stock: Break the linguine in half and add to the pot, spreading evenly over the chicken. Pour the chicken stock into the pot over the pasta.
set the Cooking Time
- Cook Pasta for 9-Minutes: Close the Instant Pot, adjust the pressure release valve to 'Sealing' and set the pot to cook on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook', 'High Pressure' for 9 minutes.
- Prepare Alfredo Sauce Base: While the pasta is cooking, prepare the Alfredo sauce base. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, gradually whisk the flour into a ½ cup of the heavy cream until a smooth paste is formed. Add the Better than Bouillon and white pepper and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining heavy cream and gently whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 2-Minute NPR: Once the cooking time has finished, allow for a 2 minute NPR (natural pressure release) and then release any remaining pressure. Open the pot and, using a large spoon, mix the pasta and chicken together.
- Add Alfredo Sauce Ingredients: Add the alfredo sauce base, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese to the pot, mixing into the pasta until the cheeses fully melt. The mozzarella may become stringy at first but as it continues to heat and melt, it will become smooth. This takes a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
Some things you should know about this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe.
Thin the Alfredo sauce with milk. If you wish to thin the alfredo sauce, gradually add milk, a little at a time, mixing it in until the pasta reaches the consistency that you desire.