If you’ve been following along, you know I recently started a series of delicious and tiny Instant Pot cakes. My very first cake in the series was this Mini Lemon Bundt Cake. Since summer is in full swing, I wanted to keep going with the flavors of summer. Strawberries definitely fit the bill!
Creamy Strawberry Heaven
When I was testing out flavors for my cake series, I knew I definitely wanted to do a strawberry one. I don’t know what it is about strawberries, but they take me back to my childhood. Maybe it’s that delicious strawberry sauce my mom used to make!
Strawberries were not easy to come by in Honduras when I was growing up. I remember there was a man that would come to our house from quite far every so often to sell my mom strawberries. He carried them in paper sacks by the pound. Every time we’d buy them, she’d make this amazing strawberry sauce we’d use to top ice cream and crepes. It was so good! I’ll have to ask her how she makes it so I can share it with you soon!
A Mini Treat That’s Easy And Hits The Spot
This tiny cake may be small, but it’s full of flavor! It’s perfect for when you’re craving a sweet treat but don’t want to make a whole cake. As always, I like to keep things easy and simple when in the kitchen, so with only a few ingredients, you’ll be enjoying some delicious Strawberries & Cream Cake straight from your Instant Pot!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Strawberries & Cream Mini Cake recipe for later!
A Perfect Summer Treat
I’ve been making these mini cakes often this summer, and my kids love them! I love that I can make it, everyone can enjoy it, and we don’t have a bunch of leftovers that I will probably end up eating alone!
I know you and your family will enjoy this Strawberries & Cream Cake! Give it a try and serve up a perfect summer treat!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items you’ll need to prep and make this recipe:
- For prepping, I used a prep bowl, some measuring spoons, and a set of measuring cups.
- I used a whisk to mix the wet ingredients together (spreadable fruit, heavy cream and egg), and a silicone spatula to fold the dry ingredients (cake mix and baking powder) into the wet ones.
- I set the bundt pan on the trivet before lowering it into the pot. Once the Instant Pot had finished cooking, I used my mini mitts to remove the trivet from the pot.
Appliances & Cookware
I made this cake in my 8-quart Instant Pot using a small bundt pan that I bought at Aldi. If you don’t have an Aldi near you, this one should work fine as well. I’ve also made this cake in a 6″ x 2″ cake pan.
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
Now it’s your turn to give this Mini Strawberries & Cream Cake recipe a try!
I’ve also included some tips and serving suggestions below the recipe card to help you make this mini cake even more delicious.
Instant Pot Strawberries & Cream Mini Cake
Using boxed cake mix and spreadable fruit.
for the Cake
- ½ cup strawberry spreadable fruit I prefer Smuckers Simply Fruit
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix I prefer Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry
- ½ tsp baking powder
for the Glaze
- ½ cup confectioners powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp water
make the Cake
- Add the strawberry spreadable fruit, heavy whipping cream and egg to a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk.
- Fold the strawberry cake mix and baking powder into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Make sure to use ONLY 1 CUP of cake mix and do not use a whisk or an electric mixer for this part. Be careful not to over mix. You want the batter to remain somewhat lumpy.
- Spray a small 6" x 2" cake pan or 3 cup bundt pan with the cooking spray and pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Tightly cover the cake pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot and place the cake pan in the Instant Pot on the trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook', High Pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once the cook time has completed, allow for a 15 minute NPR (natural pressure release).
- After the pressure has been released and the pin has dropped, open the pot and carefully remove the cake from the pot.
- Remove the foil from the cake pan, then place the cake on a cooling rack and allow the cake to cool.
- After the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the top of the cake to fully cover.
make the Glaze
- Sift the 1/2 cup of confectioners powdered sugar into a mixing bowl, add the tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and tablespoon of water and mix until the sugar is fully dissolved.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you make this Instant Pot Strawberries & Cream Mini Cake recipe your own.
Replace the glaze with cream cheese frosting. Yes! Cream cheese frosting is so amazing on this cake. So, if you want to make your own or buy a premade frosting, go for it!
Experiment with flavors. Try something different. Even though this recipe uses strawberry flavored cake mix and strawberry fruit spread, there is no reason that you can’t change things up. Try other flavors of cake mix and add different flavored fruit preserves or fruit filling. Your cake will come out great as long as you stick to the same measurements given in the recipe.
Here are a few ideas for serving your Instant Pot Strawberries & Cream Mini Cake.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This cake tastes extra amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Serve with an afternoon tea. Invite a few friends over for an afternoon tea and serve this strawberry cake – they’ll love it!
Please let me know if you try making this delicious Instant Pot cake by leaving a comment below. Also, don’t forget to check out these other great Instant Pot cakes and desserts: