If you’ve been following along, you know I recently started a series of delicious and tiny Instant Pot cakes. My very first cake in the series was this Mini Lemon Bundt Cake. Since summer is in full swing, I wanted to keep going with the flavors of summer. Strawberries definitely fit the bill!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Creamy Strawberry Heaven
When I was testing out flavors for my cake series, I knew I definitely wanted to do a strawberry one. I don’t know what it is about strawberries, but they take me back to my childhood. Maybe it’s that delicious strawberry sauce my mom used to make!
Strawberries were not easy to come by in Honduras when I was growing up. I remember there was a man that would come to our house from quite far every so often to sell my mom strawberries. He carried them in paper sacks by the pound. Every time we’d buy them, she’d make this amazing strawberry sauce we’d use to top ice cream and crepes. It was so good! I’ll have to ask her how she makes it so I can share it with you soon!
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the prep tools and utensils that you’ll need:
Here is a list of the products featured in this post or products similar to those featured in this post:
- Instant Pot
- Measuring Spoons
- Stackable Measuring Cups
- Baker’s Spatula
- Trivet with Handles
- Mini Mitts
- 3-Cup Bundt Pan
28 Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my Ultimate List of Instant Pot Accessories! I’ve included everything you could ever need to help make your pressure cooking quicker, easier, and even more convenient.
A Mini Treat That’s Easy And Hits The Spot
This tiny cake may be small, but it’s full of flavor! It’s perfect for when you’re craving a sweet treat but don’t want to make a whole cake. As always, I like to keep things easy and simple when in the kitchen, so with only a few ingredients, you’ll be enjoying some delicious Strawberries & Cream Cake straight from your Instant Pot!
A Perfect Summer Treat
I’ve been making these mini cakes often this summer, and my kids love them! I love that I can make it, everyone can enjoy it, and we don’t have a bunch of leftovers that I will probably end up eating alone!
I know you and your family will enjoy this Strawberries & Cream Cake! Give it a try and serve up a perfect summer treat!
Now it’s your turn to give this Mini Strawberries & Cream Cake recipe a try!
I’ve also included some tips and serving suggestions below the recipe card to help you make this mini cake even more delicious.
Please let me know if you try making this delicious Instant Pot cake by leaving a comment below. Also, don’t forget to check out these other great Instant Pot cakes and desserts:
- Instant Pot Coconut Mini Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Lemon Mini Bundt Cake
- Instant Pot Irish Car Bomb Chocoflan
- Instant Pot Turtle Lava Cakes
Instant Pot Strawberries & Cream Mini Cake
MOIST STRAWBERRY CAKE TOPPED WITH A CREAMY GLAZE
for the Cake
- ½ cup strawberry spreadable fruit I prefer Smuckers Simply Fruit
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix I prefer Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
for the Glaze
- ½ cup confectioners powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon water
make the Cake
- Add the strawberry spreadable fruit, heavy whipping cream and egg to a mixing bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk.
- Fold the strawberry cake mix and baking powder into the wet ingredients with a spatula. Make sure to use ONLY 1 CUP of cake mix and do not use a whisk or an electric mixer for this part. Be careful not to over mix. You want the batter to remain somewhat lumpy.
- Spray a small 6″ x 2″ cake pan or 3 cup bundt pan with the cooking spray and pour the cake batter into the pan.
- Tightly cover the cake pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the Instant Pot and place the cake pan in the Instant Pot on the trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot on ‘Manual’ or ‘Pressure Cook’, High Pressure for 40 minutes.
- Once the cook time has completed, allow for a 15 minute NPR (natural pressure release).
- After the pressure has been released and the pin has dropped, open the pot and carefully remove the cake from the pot.
- Remove the foil from the cake pan, then place the cake on a cooling rack and allow the cake to cool.
- After the cake has cooled, pour the glaze over the top of the cake to fully cover.
make the Glaze
- Sift the 1/2 cup of confectioners powdered sugar into a mixing bowl, add the tablespoon of heavy whipping cream and tablespoon of water and mix until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Tips & Tricks
Replace the glaze with cream cheese frosting. Yes! Cream cheese frosting is so amazing on this cake. So, if you want to make your own or buy a premade frosting, go for it!
Experiment with flavors. Try something different. Even though this recipe uses strawberry flavored cake mix and strawberry fruit spread, there is no reason that you can’t change things up. Try other flavors of cake mix and add different flavored fruit preserves or fruit filling. Your cake will come out great as long as you stick to the same measurements given in the recipe.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This cake tastes extra amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Serve with an afternoon tea. Invite a few friends over for an afternoon tea and serve this strawberry cake – they’ll love it!
9 thoughts on “Strawberries and Cream Instant Pot Cake”
Can a 6qt be used and if so would the time be the same?
Hi Dawn! You can definitely use a 6qt Instant Pot and there is no need to adjust the time! Enjoy!
I am on my way to the store to get the ingredients today. I hate the thought of having a partially used cake mix setting in the pantry. Could I buy a yellow cake and add strawberry extract or lemon to make both of your yummy cakes?
Also, how important is the heavy cream? I hate to have an opened container left in the fridge.
Hi Sandy! Ok, here’s a couple thoughts and ideas for you. You can leave the heavy cream out, and instead add 1 whole
Cup of the strawberry filling. For the glaze, omit the cream and make a regular glaze (1 tbs water). As far as using yellow cake, you can certainly try! You can make two or three of these as well, they are quite tiny. Hope this all helps!! Let me know how it goes!
Thanks for your quick reply. You are right. I should just make more than one and “share the love”!
I have the 6qt Instant Pot. Any idea if the 3 cup Bundt pan will fit in it?
Hi Dorothy! Yes, it should fit! It’s very small. Thanks for stopping by.
I made this tonight, and we loved it! I used strawberry fruit filling, because I didn’t read the recipe carefully before we went to the grocery store. It rose nicely, and almost had the texture of a bread pudding. It’s definitely one that I will make again!
Hi Alana! So happy you loved it!! My kids go through it so quickly when I make it! Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your results!