I tried an Instant Pot lava cake for the first time a few months ago and it was absolutely love at first taste! It is so chocolatey and ooey-gooey, it’s really hard to resist! And… the best part is that it’s ready in minutes since it’s made in the Instant Pot.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Ryan and I came across a few lava cake recipes one night that we were browsing the internet for Instant Pot Recipe Ideas. The pictures made my mouth water. They all looked so incredibly yummy! I mean, delicious chocolate lava cake in under 10 minutes, you got me!
But of course, Ryan and I wanted to take it up a notch and make our own version of the lava cake.
Putting Our Own Spin on Instant Pot Lava Cake
For as long as I can remember, every time we go out to a place that has desserts, Ryan and I always look for the “turtle” version of things. We order the turtle blizzard at DQ, turtle cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory, and really, turtle anything if it’s on the menu!
So we thought, why not turtle lava cakes?!?!
So we went to work to create the most delicious lava cake ever!
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Appliances & Cookware
These are the appliances and cookware that I used to make this recipe:
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the prep tools and utensils that you’ll need:
While not necessary, these accessories will make things quicker and easier. So, if you welcome anything that offers more convenience, then check these items out:
12 Must-Have Instant Pot Cookbooks
If you’re looking for a cookbook with easy and reliable Instant Pot recipes, then check out my list of approved Instant Pot Cookbooks.
Making Turtle Lava Cakes in the Instant Pot
Enjoy These Decadent Lava Cakes
These turtle lava cakes are so decadent and rich, they will certainly please chocolate lovers to the max!
It’s the perfect combination of chocolate, caramel, and pecans. They not only look like restaurant-quality desserts, but they taste like it!
These Instant Pot Turtle Lava cakes will leave your family and friends praising your dessert skills!
I’m still in awe of the Instant Pot and all the delicious things you can make in it. It’s crazy that you can go from pulled pork to chocolate lava cake all in the same pot!! If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, take a look at my unboxing video so you can see what it’s all about!
Well, let me know if you try making these turtle lava cakes! I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Instant Pot Turtle Lava Cake
CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE WITH A WARM, GOOEY CENTER DRENCHED IN CARAMEL AND PECANS
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. I usually put mine in the microwave for 3 minutes. Mix the chips until they become creamy chocolate.
- Add the melted butter and eggs to the chocolate and mix well.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients (sugar, flour and vanilla) one by one always mixing well.
- Spray the ramekins liberally with cooking spray. I like to use the Coconut oil PAM spray.
- Put a layer of chopped pecans on the bottom of the sprayed ramekins.
- Pour enough caramel sauce to cover the pecans.
- Fill the ramekins with the chocolate batter.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
- Place the ramekins on top of trivet and close your Instant Pot, remembering to set it to “Sealing”
- Cook on Manual / Pressure Cook, High Pressure for 9 minutes.
- Once the cooking time has completed, perform a Quick Pressure Release “QPR”.
- Take out ramekins carefully and plate them upside down.
- Enjoy alone or with ice cream!!