A few years ago, my friend Melanie, who loves to surprise us with unexpected delicious meals delivered to our front door, brought us a chicken pot pie. One of our favorites!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my Disclosures.
Well, we had it for dinner, and my family devoured it. I assumed she had spent all day preparing this amazing pie, and Ryan was convinced that it was as “from scratch” as they came!
I called her for the recipe since everyone insisted that we needed to try making it, even if it was difficult. Well, to our surprise, it was literally, a 5 minute Chicken Pot Pie!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this super simple Pot Pie recipe for later.
The ingredients for this pie are simple, and you basically just throw everything together. It tastes like you spent all day making it though!
I make it almost exactly as she does, and have used all canned ingredients, including the chicken. Other times, if I have the time, I will use shredded chicken instead.
With 5 children and a busy schedule, this pie is perfect for us.
Now, if you simply can’t feed your family canned chicken, feel free to boil a chicken, and shred it yourself, or buy the shredded chicken from the supermarket fresh foods section. And, if you have an Instant Pot, check out my post on making shredded chicken in the Instant Pot.
Try this simple, yet delicious pie for yourself and let me know what you think!
5-Minute Chicken Pot Pie
A Flaky Pie Crust Stuffed With a Creamy Mix of Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken or 1 can premium white chunk chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can sliced new potatoes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for pie cover
- 1 deep-dish frozen pie shell
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon I prefer Maggi Caldo Sabor a Pollo
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into deep-dish pie shell.
- Cover with refrigerated pie crust, pinching the edges together.
- Make several slits in the top of the crust. Cover the edges of the pie with foil to keep them from burning.
- Bake on the middle rack for approximately 1 hour.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.