A few years ago, my friend Melanie, who loves to surprise us with unexpected delicious meals delivered to our front door, brought us a chicken pot pie. One of our favorites!
Well, we had it for dinner, and my family devoured it. I assumed she had spent all day preparing this amazing pie, and Ryan was convinced that it was as “from scratch” as they came!
I called her for the recipe since everyone insisted that we needed to try making it, even if it was difficult. Well, to our surprise, it was literally, a 5 minute Chicken Pot Pie!
The ingredients for this pie are simple, and you basically just throw everything together. It tastes like you spent all day making it though!
I make it almost exactly as she does, and have used all canned ingredients, including the chicken. Other times, if I have the time, I will use shredded chicken instead.
With 5 children, and a busy schedule, this pie is perfect for us.
Now, if you simply can’t feed your family canned chicken, feel free to boil a chicken, and shred it yourself, or buy the shredded chicken from the supermarket fresh foods section.
Try this simple, yet delicious pie for yourself and let me know what you think!
5 Minute Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken (or 1 can premium white chunk chicken breast)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can mixed vegetables
- 1 can sliced new potatoes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust for pie cover
- 1 deep-dish frozen pie shell
- 1 teaspoon Maggi Caldo Sabor a Pollo (Or any granulated chicken flavor bouillon)