When I was about to get married I had a slight problem. I didn’t know how to cook anything! I mean, I had always helped peel carrots and potatoes at home but that was about it! So my entire family went to work to get me ready.
My cousin Claudia had me over to her house to try to teach me how to make chicken croquettes, (which was a little above my pay grade at the time), my mom gave me a long list of recipes without exact measurements and she also tried to teach me how to make arroz con pollo, which also proved a bit too difficult for a novice like me.
My sister Tita, though, hit the nail on the head and gave me this simple recipe. I can pretty much say it was perfect from the first time I tried it!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Beef Casserole for later.
My gracious hubby always happily ate everything I made, even when it wasn’t the tastiest of dishes! This casserole never failed me though! I’ve been making it for over 18 years and now my kids love it as much as my husband! It’s not gourmet food, but it gets devoured every time I make it! I promise you can’t go wrong with this one.
I’d like to think I’ve come a long way with my cooking skills since those days right before getting married, hey I think it may even be time to try making those chicken croquettes again!
If you have an Instant Pot, I also have a version of this beef casserole that you can make in it.
Easy Peasy Beef Casserole
Creamy pasta, seasoned beef, and corn.
- 1 bag elbow pasta
- 1 lb ground beef I use 90/10 ground sirloin
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup may substitute cream of chicken soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet, drain the fat, and season it to your liking.
- While cooking the meat, boil the pasta, drain, and set aside.
- Mix the cooked beef with the sour cream, corn, and cream of mushroom soup. Add the noodles.
- Spoon your mixture into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle lots of breadcrumbs on top. Top it off with plenty of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until you see the top getting crispy.
Some things you should know about this Easy Peasy Beef Casserole recipe.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.