These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas will be your new favorite for easy weeknight dinners. It’s so much easier than making them on the stove and the fajitas are tender, juicy and so flavorful.
Flavorful Chicken Fajitas
I love seasoning my chicken fajitas with my Homemade Taco Seasoning. The seasoning is super easy to make and you can use it on so many things. I recommend that you make a batch even though you’ll only use a small amount for this recipe.
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this sheet pan recipe to Pinterest
If you don’t want to make a whole batch, I have also included in the recipe instructions, the exact amount of spices needed for this recipe alone. Either way, you will have some super flavorful fajitas your whole family will enjoy.
Topping Suggestions for Chicken Fajitas
We absolutely love loading up our fajitas with all kinds of goodies. I, of course, love adding lots of slices of the peppers and onions that cooked with the fajitas. We use flour tortillas at home, but you can certainly make them with corn tortillas.
Our favorite toppings include pico de gallo, sour cream, (though we prefer mantequilla like this one), queso fresco or shredded Mexican blend cheese, avocado slices or fresh homemade guacamole. There are so many yummy options for toppings!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Making sheet pan fajitas couldn’t be easier. The part that will require the most effort is slicing the chicken breasts, peppers, and onions. If you want to save some time, you can buy the pre-sliced onions and peppers most supermarkets sell. Once everything is sliced, the rest is a breeze!
You’ll coat the chicken strips with the spices, oil and the juice of one lemon. Letting the chicken sit to marinate for a bit will give you the best results. In the meantime, you will spread the veggies on a sheet pan and sprinkle them with spices and oil also. You can toss them to make sure they get coated evenly.
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the kitchen tools and utensils that are needed to make these quick and simple chicken fajitas.
- a mixing bowl
- a quality chef’s knife
- a cutting mat
- measuring spoons
- a quality baking sheet
- a pair of tongs
- a meat thermometer
If you’re serious about baking, make sure you have these Essential Bakeware items in your kitchen. You’ll find a complete list of all the Best Bakeware that you’ll need to properly equip your kitchen for baking.
You will then lay the chicken strips on top of the veggies. You then roast the fajitas for 10 minutes, at which point you’ll take them out and toss them around. You can now put them back in and cook them for approximately 5 to 10 more minutes. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to test the chicken for doneness.
I suggest serving these delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas with a side of Spanish Rice. Add some chips and my fresh homemade guacamole and you’re set! An easy weeknight, or weekend, dinner that will become a family favorite.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Let me know in the comments when you make them!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Tender strips of seasoned chicken roasted with colorful bell peppers, and onion
for the Seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsps cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
for the Fajita Filling
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 3 bell pepper(s) multi-colored, rinsed, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 large yellow onion halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro rinsed and chopped
- flour tortillas
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
prepare the Seasoning
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Alternatively, you can use 3 tablespoons of my Homemade Taco Seasoning.
prepare the Sheet Pan
- Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
prepare the Vegetables
- Slice the bell peppers and onions. Spread the sliced bell peppers and onions evenly across the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with 1 tablespoon of the seasoning. Toss the peppers and onions until evenly coated in the oil and seasoning and then spread out into an even layer.
prepare the Chicken
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch thick strips and place in a small bowl with the remaining seasoning, lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss until the chicken is fully and evenly coated. While optional, if time permits, it's best to allow the chicken to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken strips over the bed of peppers and onions.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast. Toss the chicken and veggies after 10 minutes of cooking and return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Use a kitchen thermometer to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°.
- Serve and enjoy!
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.