With Thanksgiving comes leftover turkey and this Instant Pot White Turkey Chili is the perfect way to enjoy those leftovers. This is not only an easy dump-and-start recipe, but it’s so creamy, comforting, and delicious! You’ll have a delicious meal done super quickly with no prep at all!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure here.
What is White Turkey Chili?
If you’re not familiar with White Turkey Chili or White Bean Chili, it’s a delicious type of chili using white beans and turkey instead of beef. It’s like a hearty turkey and bean stew. It’s perfect for the holidays when we have lots of leftover turkey meat! If you have leftover chicken you can make my Instant Pot White Chicken Chili as well!
My recipe for Instant Pot White Turkey Chili is so flavorful and creamy. It has just the right amount of spiciness to it. I know it’ll be the best white turkey chili you’ll make in your pressure cooker!
What Ingredients Do I Need For White Turkey Chili?
This is a dump and start recipe and the ingredients are all simple. You will, of course, need leftover turkey! But if you want to enjoy this throughout the year and not just during the holidays, you can always make a quick Instant Pot Turkey Roast. A turkey roast is small and you can make it quickly and easily!
As a side note, another great option for your leftover turkey is my Leftover Turkey Sandwich. It’s amazing!
You will also need some unsalted turkey or chicken stock, canned Great Northern Beans, corn, salsa verde, a can of diced jalapenos, Rotel, two limes, cream cheese, corn flour, and some common spices. As for the Salsa Verde, we love using the Hatch Green Chile Salsa Verde from H-E-B.
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Appliances & Cookware
These are the appliances and cookware that I used to make this recipe:
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the prep tools and utensils that you’ll need:
28 Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my Ultimate List of Instant Pot Accessories! I’ve included everything you could ever need to help make your pressure cooking quicker, easier, and even more convenient.
How to Make White Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot
Making White Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot is easy and requires only a few steps. You’ll start by making a slurry using the cornflour and half a cup of the stock and set it aside.
Next, you’ll add the remaining stock, shredded turkey, and spices to the pot. Give everything a good stir.
Then you will add the canned ingredients in the order they are listed. You will dump them all in with their juices, no need for draining. Do not mix the canned ingredients.
Add the lime juice to the pot and place the cubed cream cheese on top of everything. Finally, you’ll pour the cornflour slurry over the cream cheese. Do not mix anything, you simply dump and start!
Close your Instant Pot and set the pressure knob to sealing. Set it to cook on “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” High Pressure for 2 minutes. Once the cooking time is finished, allow for an 8-minute Natural Pressure Release. This will give the chili time to develop its flavor.
After the 8 minutes are up, release the rest of the pressure manually until the pin drops. Open the pot and allow the chili to sit in “Keep Warm” mode for another 5 minutes or so to thicken. That’s it!
I hope you love this Instant Pot White Turkey Chili as much as we do. Let me know in the comments when you try it! Looking for more soups? Try my other easy Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
Instant Pot White Turkey Chili
WHITE BEANS, TURKEY, CORN, TOMATOES, AND GREEN CHILES IN A RICH CREAMY CHILI
- 2 cups unsalted turkey stock divided, may substitute chicken stock
- 4 cups leftover turkey shredded
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
the Canned Ingredients
- 2 cans Great Northern Beans 15.8 ounces, with juices, I used Bush's Best
- 1 can whole kernel corn 15.25 ounces, with juices, I used Del Monte
- 1 jar salsa verde 16 ounces, I used H-E-B Hatch Green Chile Salsa Verde
- 1 can diced jalapeños 4 ounces, with juices, optional, I used Rio Luna
- 1 can Rotel Original 10 ounces, with juices
the Remaining Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed from 2 small limes
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces, cubed
- ¼ cup corn flour “masa harina”
- white cheese shredded, I prefer White Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Pepper Jack
- Make Corn Flour Slurry: In a small mixing bowl, make a slurry by whisking the corn flour with ½ a cup of the turkey stock. Set aside.
- Add Stock, Turkey & Spices: Add the remaining turkey stock, turkey, and spices to the pot and give everything a good stir.
- Add Canned Ingredients: In the order they are listed, dump the canned ingredients with their juices in the pot. Do not mix the canned ingredients.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Add the lime juice and then place the cubed cream cheese on top of the other ingredients in the pot. Pour the corn flour slurry over the top of the other ingredients. Again, do not mix the ingredients.
- 2-Minute Cook Time: Close the Instant Pot, set the pressure release valve to 'Sealing' and cook on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook', 'High Pressure' for 2 minutes.
- 8-minute NPR: Once the cooking time has completed, allow for an 8-minute Natural Pressure Release. After the 8-minute NPR has finished, open the pressure release valve to release the remaining pressure.
- After Cooking: Open the Instant Pot, stir the chili, and then let it sit on 'Keep Warm' for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!