Who loves chopping onions and garlic?
This post is sponsored by Pop & Cook. All thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure here.
I’ve avoided it for so long that I can’t remember the last time I chopped an onion! I either buy the expensive tubs of pre-chopped onion, and half of it goes bad, or I have Ryan chop them for me!! So when I was given the opportunity to try Pop & Cook, I was instantly intrigued!!
Making Meal Prep Effortless!
I had not heard of Pop & Cook before, so I quickly did some research and decided it was definitely something I could use! With 5 kids, I’m always looking for ways to make things easier and save time. So, saving time by not having to clean and chop garlic, onions, and herbs, count me in!!
Perfectly Chopped and Measured Without the Mess!
Pop & Cook are frozen, pre-measured all natural herbs that come in little poppable cubes.
They have garlic, cilantro, basil, and ginger. They also have sautéed glazed onions that smell delicious as soon as you open the package! They are so easy to pop out, no messy hands, and definitely no more tears when chopping onions! It doesn’t get better than that folks! Click here to read all about Pop & Cook, and check out their delicious recipes while you’re there!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Before we get started, here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items I used to prep and make this recipe:
- For measuring all the ingredients, I used my trusty 1 cup measuring cup and these stackable measuring cups for the dry ingredients.
- I used these prep bowls for mixing. I love how colorful they are.
- I also find myself always using these deep white bowls in my food prep. Food prep is not their intended purpose but they are one of my favorites for holding chopped vegetables, eggs, meat, etc.
- These metal tongs are a necessity when cooking items like bacon on a hot skillet. Also, a good pair of silicone oven mitts are also required when handling hot skillets or pans. I love this pair of oven mitts because they fit my hands so well. Oh, and it doesn’t hurt that they’re so pretty. 😉
- These mini silicone pinch bowls are convenient for holding spices or salt and pepper.
- Some of the other items I use were a utility wisk, a spatula, a spreader.
Appliances & Cookware
These are the items I used to cook these Frittata Poppers:
- For cooking the bacon, sautéing the onion and browning the potatoes, I used my large iron skillet. Also, whenever I cook bacon, I always use this silicone splatter screen to keep my stove clean.
- I baked the Frittatas in my oven and used this mini cupcake pan but you could also us a normal sized cupcake pan.
Serving Platters & Dishes
I used these beautiful aqua platters to serve these Frittata Poppers. Just left the platter on the table for the family to grab what they wanted. They didn’t last but a few minutes 🙂
Get Your Pop & Cook at Walmart
You can find Pop & Cook in the frozen section at your local Walmart.
You should keep the packages stored in your freezer and take them out when you’re ready to use them. The containers make it easy to pop out only what you need and put the rest back in the freezer.
I have used the garlic in several meals this week. I used it in my spaghetti and meat sauce and it definitely was great to not have to peel and chop the garlic!
Using Pop & Cook to Make Frittata Poppers
I also used both the onions and the garlic to make some frittata poppers.
They turned out amazing so you know I have to share the recipe with you!
These frittata poppers flew off the pan when I made them! Ryan and the kids loved them! They have bacon in them, so yeah, enough said!!
But in case you’re wondering, they also have potatoes and cheese so they are really delicious!
Watch Me Make The Frittata Poppers
These frittatas are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can even be served as pretty appetizers at your next get-together!
I’m convinced you will love Pop & Cook if you try it. It will definitely save you time when cooking! So go get some at your nearest Walmart and let me know what you think!
I came up with an easy recipe for the frittata poppers and it was definitely made easier by Pop & Cook!
Here’s the recipe so you can give Pop & Cook a try!!
Bacon and cheese egg bites.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 7 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup Mexican Style cheese shredded
- 1 cup onions chopped and sautéed, substitute 3 cubes of Pop & Cook Sautéed Glazed Onions
- 2 cloves garlic crushed, substitute 2 cubes of Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and then mix vigorously.
- Add heavy cream to eggs and mix.
- Add shredded cheese to egg mixture and mix.
- Refrigerate egg mixture.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove the bacon, leaving about 1 to 2 tbsp of bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add crushed garlic to the skillet and sautée until browned.
- Add diced potatoes to the skillet. Mix thoroughly with garlic and sautée until golden brown.
- Once potatoes are golden brown, add sautéed onions.
- Thoroughly mix onions into the potatoes until done.
- Prep a mini-cupcake pan by spraying it with cooking oil. You can also use a regular cupcake pan or a skillet if you wish.
- Pour the egg mixture into cupcake pan.
- Spoon some potatoes into each frittata.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top of the egg mixture in the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.
Some things you should know about this Frittata Poppers recipe.
Add some hot sauce. We love spicy things in my family, so most of us topped these with a couple drops of hot sauce! Delish!!
This is a list of the kitchen tools, utensils and appliances I used to make this recipe.