Who loves chopping onions and garlic?
This post is sponsored by Pop & Cook but all opinions are always my own and completely honest. This post may also contain affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
I’ve avoided it for so long that I can’t remember the last time I chopped an onion! I either buy the expensive tubs of pre-chopped onion, and half of it goes bad, or I have Ryan chop them for me!! So when I was given the opportunity to try Pop & Cook, I was instantly intrigued!!
Making Meal Prep Effortless!
I had not heard of Pop & Cook before, so I quickly did some research and decided it was definitely something I could use! With 5 kids, I’m always looking for ways to make things easier and save time. So, saving time by not having to clean and chop garlic, onions, and herbs, count me in!!
Perfectly Chopped and Measured Without the Mess!
Pop & Cook are frozen, pre-measured all-natural herbs that come in little poppable cubes.
They have garlic, cilantro, basil, and ginger. They also have sautéed glazed onions that smell delicious as soon as you open the package! They are so easy to pop out, no messy hands, and definitely no more tears when chopping onions! It doesn’t get better than that folks! Click here to read all about Pop & Cook, and check out their delicious recipes while you’re there!
Here are some essential prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Appliances & Cookware
These are the appliances and cookware that I used to make this recipe:
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the prep tools and utensils that you’ll need:
- Large Food Prep Bowls
- Small Liquid Measuring Cup
- Pinch Bowls
- Mixing Bowls
- Baker’s Spatula
- Silicone Splatter Screen
- Stackable Measuring Cups
Serving Platters & Dishes
This is what I used to serve this recipe:
While not necessary, these accessories will make things quicker and easier. So, if you welcome anything that offers more convenience, then check these items out:
Get Your Pop & Cook at Walmart
You can find Pop & Cook in the frozen section at your local Walmart.
You should keep the packages stored in your freezer and take them out when you’re ready to use them. The containers make it easy to pop out only what you need and put the rest back in the freezer.
I have used the Pop & Cook garlic in several meals this week. I used it in my spaghetti and meat sauce and it definitely was great to not have to peel and chop the garlic!
Using Pop & Cook to Make Frittata Poppers
I also used both the onions and the garlic to make some frittata poppers.
They turned out amazing so you know I have to share the recipe with you!
These frittata poppers flew off the pan when I made them! Ryan and the kids loved them! They have bacon in them, so yeah, enough said!!
But in case you’re wondering, they also have potatoes and cheese so they are really delicious!
Watch Me Make The Frittata Poppers
These frittatas are perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can even be served as pretty appetizers at your next get-together!
I’m convinced you will love Pop & Cook if you try it. It will definitely save you time when cooking! So go get some at your nearest Walmart and let me know what you think!
I came up with an easy recipe for the frittata poppers and it was definitely made easier by Pop & Cook!
Here’s the recipe so you can give Pop & Cook a try!!
BITE-SIZED EGG FRITTATAS MADE WITH SEASONED DICED POTATOES, BACON, AND CHEESE
for the Egg Mixture
- Preheat oven to 350° F
make the Egg Mixture
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper and mix vigorously. Add heavy cream to the eggs and mix. Add the ½ a cup of shredded cheese to the egg mixture and mix.
- Refrigerate the egg mixture.
prepare the Toppings
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Once the bacon is done, remove it from the skillet and set aside. Leave about 1 to 2 tbsp of bacon grease in the skillet.
- If not using Pop & Cook: Add the onions to the skillet and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the crushed garlic to the skillet, mix into the onions, and sauté for another minute. Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and mix thoroughly with the onion and garlic and sauté, tossing periodically, until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- If using Pop & Cook: Add the Pop & Cook Crushed Garlic to the skillet and sauté for a minute or until it is fully thawed and has just started to brown. Add the diced potatoes to the skillet and mix thoroughly with the garlic and sauté, tossing periodically, until golden brown. Add the Pop & Cook Sautéed Glazed Onions to the skillet and allow them to thaw and then mix into the potatoes. Remove from heat.
prepare the Frittata Poppers
- Prep a mini-cupcake pan by spraying it with cooking oil. You can also use a regular cupcake pan or a skillet if you wish.
- Remove the egg mixture from the refrigerator and pour into the cupcake pan. Spoon some potatoes into each frittata. Sprinkle the bacon and the ¼ cup of cheese on top of the egg mixture in the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Add some hot sauce. We love spicy things in my family, so most of us topped these with a couple drops of hot sauce! Delish!!