Would you believe me if I told you this is my first time eating asparagus? It’s one of those things I had never been inclined to try. So when my husband and I set out to create this recipe, I wasn’t sure I’d like it. Well, let me tell you, this Maple Bacon Wrapped Asparagus topped with Feta made it love at first bite!
Best Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
I am going to insist that you try this bacon-wrapped asparagus even if you think you don’t like asparagus. The flavor is phenomenal and you get just the right touch of sweet and savory. The bacon is tender, crisp and juicy and has a hint of maple, the asparagus is cooked just right and the feta gives it the perfect finishing touch!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus recipe to Pinterest
Do you see the photo with the plate of finished asparagus wrapped in bacon? Yeah, I pretty much ate the whole thing myself. I was literally stuffing them in my mouth like an uncivilized person. I’m so glad I gave asparagus a chance!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
Here are the items that I used to make this bacon-wrapped asparagus:
- baking sheet with baking rack
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- small mixing bowl
- measuring spoons and measuring cups
If you’re serious about baking, make sure you have these Essential Bakeware items in your kitchen. You’ll find a complete list of all the Best Bakeware that you’ll need to properly equip your kitchen for baking.
What Goes With Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
Though this is an easy recipe for bacon-wrapped asparagus, I consider it a special treat that would be a perfect side dish for a nice meal. I feel that pairing it with chicken is a perfect option. I’ve made it with my Simple Oven Roasted Chicken Thighs and the pair was a hit!
Other great chicken options are my Salsa Verde Chicken or my Mexican Chicken Breast. This bacon-wrapped asparagus would be a perfect pair for seafood recipes as well. You could serve it with some Instant Pot Lobster Tails and it’ll be absolutely delicious! Finally, it would be a perfect side for a great steak!
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
There’s a little bit of prep to get these delicious Bacon Wrapped Asparagus to come out perfect. You will start with thin-sliced raw bacon and you’ll need to cut each strip in half lengthwise. You will then soak the bacon strips in a peppered maple syrup. Yum right?
Make sure to toss the bacon in the maple syrup until it is fully coated. Leave the bacon soaking in the maple syrup for now.
While the bacon soaks, you will need to prepare the asparagus. First, rinse the spears under cool water. Then trim the asparagus by cutting off the hard ends with a knife. After rinsing and trimming, you’ll need to pat the spears dry with a paper towel.
Next, you will wrap the asparagus with the bacon. Try to avoid overlapping the edges of the bacon as you wrap. Also, wrap the bacon so that it extends the full length of each asparagus spear.
Prepare your baking sheet by putting foil on the bottom of it. Trust me, it will avoid a difficult clean-up! Then place a wire baking rack like this one on the pan you covered in foil. Spray non-stick cooking oil on the rack as well to prevent the bacon from sticking. When you place the bacon-wrapped asparagus on the rack, make sure the loose bacon ends are facing down. This is how they’ll look when all is said and done.
You will roast them on the middle rack at 425 degrees for 14 minutes or until the bacon is nice and tender-crisp. Once you take them out of the oven, you will put the finishing touch on them and sprinkle them with feta cheese. Maple Bacon Wrapped Asparagus perfection!!
I know you will fall in love with this Maple Bacon Wrapped Asparagus! Let me know in the comments when you try it and what you paired it with!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Asparagus Spears Wrapped With Maple Soaked Bacon and Topped With Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 24 spears fresh asparagus approx 1 lb, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 12 slices thin-sliced bacon approx 1 lb, cut lengthwise
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Add the maple syrup, and pepper to a small bowl and mix. Cut the bacon slices lengthwise into two narrow strips. Place the bacon in the bowl with the maple syrup and toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Rinse the asparagus spears in cold water then remove the tough bottom ends with a knife or kitchen shears. Pat the spears dry with a paper towel.
- Line the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet with foil and then place an oven-safe wire baking rack on the baking sheet. Spray the baking rack with non-stick cooking oil.
- Tightly wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of bacon. Avoid overlapping the edges of the bacon and wrap the asparagus so that the bacon extends the entire length of the spear.
- Lay the wrapped spears out on top of the baking rack with the loose ends of bacon facing down. Roast the asparagus on the middle rack of the oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until the bacon is tender-crisp.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and, using a pair of tongs, stack the asparagus on a plate and sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the bacon-wrapped spears.
- Serve and enjoy.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.