I’ll be honest, if you say green beans, it’s not really my idea of fun! But once I tried these Instant Pot Green beans Ryan made, I may have changed my mind a little! Or a lot!
So I’ll usually pass on green beans as a side, sure I’ll have a bit of the green bean casserole during Thanksgiving, but that’s about it!
I requested Ryan make these again the other day. In my book, these are the tastiest green beans I’ve ever had.
I actually love them!
Even the kids requested seconds!
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this amazing Instant Pot Green Been recipe for later!
Delicious Buttery Garlic Green Beans
Not a whole lot more I can say about these green beans. I mean, they’re green beans, right? But, they did make me LOVE green beans, not an easy feat, so I thought it was worth sharing with you!
These Instant Pot green beans are so quick and easy to make! Just a few simple steps and you’ll be enjoying some delicious buttery garlic green beans in no time. Let’s get started!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items I used to prep and make this recipe:
- I used my set of measuring spoons for the seasonings and a large liquid measuring cup to measure out the chicken broth.
- To weigh the green beans on the kitchen scale, I first placed the prep bowl on the scale and zeroed out its weight. A good kitchen scale that has the zero/tare feature is a very useful tool to have in the kitchen.
- I also used a good quality garlic press for mincing the garlic.
Appliances & Cookware
This green bean recipe was made in my 8 quart Instant Pot
Serving Platters & Dishes
Must-Have Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
Making Green Beans In The Instant Pot
So let’s walk through the easy steps to making these super tasty green beans!
Gather Your Ingredients
You won’t need a whole lot of ingredients, this is a simple side dish that can go with almost any main course! You’ll need French Cut frozen green beans, butter, garlic, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. That’s it! For exact amounts, see complete recipe below.
Measure One Pound of Green Beans
So, get yourself a bowl, a kitchen scale and measure out one pound of the frozen green beans. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, I’d highly recommend that you get one that has a zero/tare feature like this one. It’s a super useful tool to have in the kitchen.
For those of you who do not have a scale, one pound of french cut frozen green beans is approximately 6 cups.
Sauté the Garlic
Set your Instant Pot to Sauté and melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic and let it sauté for a minute.
Add the Green Beans
Add the frozen green beans in with the melted butter and garlic.
Season, Add Broth and Stir
Finally, add the salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
I like to use unsalted chicken broth, but if you want to use salted broth, then you can omit the salt.
Give everything a good stir.
Cook in the Instant Pot
Now, it’s time to close the Instant Pot. Cancel out of Sauté mode and set the pot to cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes. Note: On some models, the “Manual” button is now labeled “Pressure Cook”.
When the green beans have completed the 3 minute cook time, you will do a Quick Pressure Release (QPR).
Delicious Buttery Garlic Green Beans in the Instant Pot
Once the pin drops, open your pot. Perfect Buttery Garlic Green Beans!
Time to Serve Your Instant Pot Green Beans
When serving the green beans out of the pot and into a serving dish, I used a slotted spoon like this one, to avoid any excess liquid.
And now you’re ready to enjoy! I hope you love these as much as we do!
Garlic Butter Instant Pot Green Beans
French cut green beans in garlic butter.
- 1 lb frozen french cut green beans 1 lbs = approx. 6 cups
- 4 tbsps salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté and place the butter in it to melt.
- Once the butter has fully melted, add the minced garlic to the butter and let it sauté for a minute.
- Add the green beans, season with salt and black pepper and then pour the chicken broth into the pot. You may also use salted chicken broth and omit the ¼ tsp of salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on Manual High Pressure for 3 minutes. Once the cooking time has completed, perform a Quick Pressure Release (QPR).
- Serve these delicious green beans.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.