Nothing like some sweet corn on the cob with melted butter on top!
So obviously, making corn on the cob is not rocket science! But I do know there’s a lot of new Instant Pot owners who would appreciate a quick post letting them know how to make corn in their new Instant Pot. So this one is for you!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my Disclosures.
Pin it to Pinterest
Save this this corn on the cob recipe to Pinterest.
Perfect Corn on the Cob, Every Time!
If you don’t want to babysit boiling water and keep testing the corn to make sure it’s done, then making it in your Instant Pot is the way to go. It will be done so quickly and it will be perfect every time!
Making corn on the cob in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier!
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items I used to prep and make this recipe:
- My small measuring cup is the perfect size for recipes that call for a small amount of liquid.
- Anytime I’m handling anything in my Instant Pot, I always use my mini mitts.
- They are convenient because they are so quick and easy to slip on.Make sure to have a good pair of tongs for taking the corn out of the pot.
- You’ll need a steamer basket for cooking vegetables like corn, broccoli, cauliflower and more.
Appliances & Cookware
I cooked this corn on the cob in my Instant Pot
Serving Platters & Dishes
I love serving side dishes like corn, mashed potatoes, etc. in my vintage CorningWare. I love the sunflower design. Unfortunately, this set is discontinued but you can usually still find some pieces here.
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. You’ll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
Making Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Pour 1 cup of water into your Instant Pot liner.
Place a steamer basket like this one in your pot and stack the corn inside the basket.
Set your Instant Pot to manual (or Pressure Cook in newer models) high pressure for 2 minutes. We like our corn on the cob to be slightly crunchy. If you like it softer, you can do 3 minutes. Once the Instant Pot finishes cooking, you will do a quick pressure release (QPR).
Perfectly Sweet and Tender Crisp Corn
Once the pin drops, open your pot. Perfect corn on the cob!
At our house we love to top our corn on the cob with Mantequilla Rala. If you don’t know what that is, they sell a pretty authentic one at HEB, and it looks like this. Make sure you buy the one with the blue top!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
The perfect balance of crunchy and tender.
- 1 cup water
- 4 ears corn
- Add 1 cup of water to your Instant Pot and then place a steamer basket into the pot.
- Stack the corn in the steamer basket, close the lid and then set your Instant Pot to cook on 'Manual' or 'Pressure Cook', 'High Pressure' for 2 minutes.
- Once cooking has completed, perform a QPR (Quick Pressure Release) and once the pin has dropped, open the pot and serve your sweet and delicious corn.
While every effort is made to correctly calculate these nutritional facts, they should be used as general guidance as they may not be 100% accurate.