Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and dumplings are a quintessential Southern comfort food. My Instant Pot version is loaded with chicken, veggies, dumplings, and all the flavor that you've come to expect from this wonderful dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 bowls
- 4 large chicken breasts cubed, approx. 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped, may replace with 2-3 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon roasted chicken flavor
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz
- 1 can biscuits I prefer Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Biscuits
Add the cubed chicken, parsley, garlic, thyme, pepper and bouillon in the Instant Pot and mix all ingredients well.
Next add all the vegetables (onion, celery, peas, and carrots) to the Instant Pot and mix everything together.
Pour the chicken stock into the pot and mix once again.
Now pour the two cans of cream of chicken over the chicken and dumplings mixture. Do not mix the cream of chicken with the other ingredients.
Cut each biscuit into quarters and place the biscuits into the pot making sure to spread them evenly.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, close and set the pressure release valve to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to cook on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Once the cooking time has completed, allow for a 30-minute Natural Pressure Release (NPR).
Serve and enjoy a warm bowl of these amazing chicken and dumplings!
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 1021mg | Potassium: 534mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 49.5% | Vitamin C: 8% | Calcium: 4.9% | Iron: 15%