Ryan's Sweet Potato Casserole
This traditional sweet potato casserole is loaded with sweet holiday goodness. The perfect side for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
for the Sweet Potatoes
- 4 cups sweet potatoes peeled, boiled, and mashed
- 2 cups dark brown sugar packed
- 5 tbsps salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple 8 oz can, in 100% pineapple juice
for the Marshmallow Topping
- 1 pkg miniature marshmallows 10 oz, I prefer Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 jar maraschino cherries 10 oz, drained
making the Sweet Potatoes
making the Marshmallow Topping
Let casserole cool for 10-15 minutes.
Once cooled, cover the top of the casserole with a layer of marshmallows and then add cherries throughout.
Turn oven to broil, on low.
Place baking dish back in the oven and broil for approximately 3-5 min.
Don’t stop watching it at this point! A little distraction and the marshmallows will burn!
As soon as the marshmallows start turning brown take it out of the oven and enjoy!!
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 323mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 158.8% | Vitamin C: 4.8% | Calcium: 9.7% | Iron: 5.6%