These savory beef and potato empanadas are flavored to perfection and wrapped in flaky pastry dough. Enjoy as a full meal, a snack or serve as an appetizer at any get-together.
- 2 cups frozen diced potatoes I prefer Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes
- 2 pkgs pastry dough I prefer Goya Discos Pastry Dough
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup black olives chopped
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 2 tsps dried oregano divided
- 2 tsps ground cumin divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper divided
Non-members can get the full recipe here.
Serving: 1empanada | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Alternative to pastry discs. If you cannot find the Goya pastry dough, any pre-packaged pastry dough will work. However, you will need to cut the dough into small discs about 6 inches in diameter.